Around these parts, we have a saying: June Gloom. Which is typically followed by heads nodding, eyes to the floor, maybe even a pouty lip. School's out, summer clothes are on sale. Sure, we buy them, but we cover them up with a sweatshirt. It's foggy chilly here.
So I have decided that this post will help me focus on the sunny things, the great things about summer!
* I have no school lunches to pack
* I still buy watermelon, but it doesn't stain my cute white pants because they are covered up by a blanket
* Our boat gets to leave the driveway... in search for sun... and usually finds it a few hours away
* No one (me) gets upset at anyone else because the kids are up a little later than normal
* Homemade ice cream, pies, bar-be-que, corn on the cob, mmmmm
* School consists of finding lizards and classifying them according to tails on or off
* Flip flops all day, every day
* The fresh smell in the morning doesn't remind me that I have allergies
I hope you enjoy your summer day- gloom or sunshine- enjoy this day!